Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Countdown

My little blog has 19 followers. I average 50 views per week, not what you would call a blockbuster performance, however, it makes me feel good to write these posts and I will continue. To the small but loyal few who do me the honor by reading "Americans for Reason and Truth", I thank you and for the next few weeks I will be in countdown mode. 23 Days until the mid term election and I will be reminding absolutely everyone I know of some basic facts, indisputable and relevant before making a choice at the polls.

The Tea Party Movement may claim independence but clearly they almost exclusively field candidates who run on the Republican ticket. Therefore the extreme positions that they represent are encouraged by every Republican voter....Fueled hatred toward gays, blacks, Obama supporters and the educated.....excessive tax breaks for the wealthiest....cut back education spending because education fuels elitism.....privatize social security.....fundamental Christian extremism.....an elimination of a woman's right to choose....a complete misreading and misunderstanding of the Constitution.....and completely lying, distorting and made up facts of health care reform and economic recovery. If you do not believe these extremist views and allow your anger to fuel an anti-incumbent vote, just think carefully. A Republican House with a small majority will never ever be able to deliver on these promises, even ones you think are reasonable because of a Presidential Veto. Therefore, your vote on reasonableness could potentially and likely lead to an increase in hatred, bigotry and intolerance. Countdown, 23 days. Think. Where are you Americans for Reason and Truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment