Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Monday, October 25, 2010

8 to go

I pretended today as if I was totally unaware of politics and the issues in my country. I wanted to become informed. I wanted to view the lead candidates, the ones we hear about most to determine whether they have earned my vote. I tried John Boehner's website first. After viewing it over and over again, I could not find one item of significane in terms of his plans for job creation. Not one thing other than propaganda about tax breaks for the rich and a condemnation of every piece of legislative action by the Democrats. I checked his record of initiatives in the House and found it to be ripe with vagueness and total absence of planning specificity. This is the man who would lead the House? I got so disgusted that I stopped looking. No wonder so many stay home during mid-term elections. John Boehner represents the party of no ideas, unkept promises and simplistic platitudes. Be careful people. Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

4 comments:

  1. Please, please, please name one politician that ever gave you a job!! I t is not their job to do so. Also my goodness get over your class envy, there is nothing wrong with being rich or tax cuts for them, that s all we ever hear from liberals, and now its clear for all to see that Bush cut taxes for all tax payers, and the percentage of cuts went down as the income brackets went up. Get over it, take an economics class and go find a poor person to give you a job because raising the taxes on the "rich" means less jobs. How do you not see that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Anonymous,

    Your entire party's platform is about how the Obama Administration failed to reduce unemployment. Your strategy has been to anger Americans and blame the Democrats for not providing jobs. Then you comment to me that it isn't a politician's job to find you a job which I agree with. If only supply siders would admit for once and for all that the rich do not spend additional cuts in taxes and the disparity between rich and poor is worse for our nation than continuing to cut them a break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The rich do not spend additional tax cuts"
    What on earth do they do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an economics teacher I do not mean to sound patronizing, but when the wealthy receive tax breaks beyond a certain level, it is not spent. Their consumption already is at the highest levels, and is not impacted. Check some economic facts and stats. if you do not believe me. It is the middle class that spends its additional tax savings, precisely who the President wishes to help....And yes, tax revenue is at the lowest level since WW2 only partly because of high UE. In fact, families received billions in Federal Tax relief....400 or 800 based on family status and income. Taxes have fallen under Obama. Again, don't believe me, check it our for yourself.

    ReplyDelete