Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, October 31, 2010

2 to go

I was reading an article this morning and when you added all the numbers in the article up, you were informed that BILLIONS of dollars have been spent in this mid term election period. The number one issue of concern to Americans is the struggling economy. Put two and two together and it doesn't make 4. Billions to get elected because the nation's economy is still struggling? It simply does not make sense to me. I have given up my hope of a Democratic surprise, even though I will continue to pray until the results are in and hope that all the bluster on cable news isn't truly reflective and that all the pollsters are using methods that aren't capturing the true sentiment out there. However if all of these dollars were spent to build a bridge, or fix a road, or hire some people, it certainly would be put to better use. Watching negative ads, listening to lies and seeing candidates run from their accomplishments has been truly sickening. Unfortunately, I don't see it getting much better. Anyway, don't forget to vote. I will be supporting Rush Holt for Congress in my home town. A great guy, wise, intelligent who is in a close race against a hedge fund manager. It's close because of nonsensical anger. A hedge fun manager? Aren't these the guys whose irresponsible and reckless investments contributed to the economic crisis? I'll go with a Princeton physics professor and expert on energy, any day. Go Rush. Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment