Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The importance of Knowledge

I have discovered that some of my students have found my blog. It wasn't purely by accident as I did nudge them a little. It has always been my practice to avoid sharing my specific political disposition with them until after graduation, but since that day is coming so close to being a reality it really doesn't matter that much if they read my views. So students, if you are reading and taking the time to find out a little more about my beliefs, so be it. Do not feel obligated to accept my points of view, just take the time to learn all perspectives. The fact that I believe that Government has a purpose beyond just the basics, the fact that I believe that we need the best and brightest to run our government instead of the many idiots we have, the fact that I believe that understanding the world and respecting our neighbors is the role of our leaders, the fact that I believe that politicians should raise our expectations with truth and justice instead of empty slogans and platitudes and the fact that I believe that big government is not the enemy but sometimes a dear friend, does not mean you need to share these views. It is all about knowledge and appreciating learning as an important daily exercise geared toward the health of our minds. The future challenges left to the next generation are fierce and deep. They are almost insurmountable, but armed with knowledge, anything is possible. Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

2 comments:

  1. I think it was Mr. Rocha who initially nudged us into the right direction; once I got your username it only took one Google search to find this.

    On topic: Reading your blogs these past couple weeks has been a sort of enlightenment to do more - to learn more, and want to learn more. There's more to learning than getting an A on a test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent sentiments studentman04

    ReplyDelete