Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Be Nice

A friend at work yesterday suggested that I was being too negative. As one who can indeed accept a little constructive criticism and eat some humble pie every once and a while, I have decided to change the tone in today's blog. I believe that the vast majority of elected members of Congress care deeply about this country and wish to do the right thing on behalf of the nation and their constitutents. I believe that most Americans cherish free and open debate and conduct themselves in a way that does not include vitriol and mean spiritnedness and does include honorable and ethical dialogue. I believe that overwhelmingly, Americans have a sense of fairness and believe in equality for all. I believe that we are making incredible progress toward racial harmony and respect for difference in this country. I believe in the American value system which is based on freedom, justice, equality and fairness. Lastly, I do have confidence that out there in our vast nation there are Americans who stand for reason and truth. There. I was nice. Enjoy it while it lasts for tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

  1. Those crazies are all crazy because they are watching the white majority slip away. And the crowning evidence of that (besides looking at census and other population data)? A black president!!!
    You have to wonder what the protesting would look like if Hillary got in instead of Barack. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crazies would worry about her monthly estrogen levels and the nuclear bomb codes.

    ReplyDelete