Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Atonement

Today I asked for forgiveness. Although my sins were many, they did not reach the level of seriousness that would cause a higher power to necessarily take note of, but nevertheless, I asked. During our ceremony in Temple, we also engage in a prayer for our nation and its leaders. As I read out loud with the Rabbi, it dawned on me that our leaders really needed our prayers today. I prayed that they stopped being self serving idiots who care more about winning or defeating and would begin to put the country first. I prayed that the candidates running to defeat our President take an honest look at what is going right and stop finding fault just for the sake of finding fault. I prayed that greed, selfishness and disparity of equality would stop and lastly, I prayed FOR the re-election of Barack Obama, a severely under appreciated President. I wish peace and good fortune upon us all. Almost all. Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment