Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm Back Baby

If you are a Seinfeld devotee, you will remember when George gets his sexual drive back. His famous words "I'm back baby" delivered only as Costanza could, always brings a smile to my face. Well I am no George Costanza and by no means does this blog have anything to do with sexual drive, but after a few days off, "I'm back baby". I am sure very few if any will care, but I do enjoy my cathartic ramblings and today after some much needed rest, I post again. Upon my return, I see that Minnesota, home of Michelle Bachmann, has closed up shop. I see that the Chicago school board rescinded the raise negotiated for its teachers. I see that a usually credible journalist, Marc Halperin called the President a "dick" for confronting Republican do nothings while exciting his base. I see that John Boehner et al are continuing their resistance to any tax increases on the wealthiest among us while they try to position themselves as the party of Mr. and Mrs. America. Well, they don't speak for Main street. Our leaders will shut the doors of municipal government, take more and more away from the Middle class and do nothing to balance the scales of economic justice. You go away for a few days and look what happens? Not a damn thing. Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment