Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Friday, June 24, 2011

Disappointed, Disgusted and Disallusioned

This blogger will be taking a few days off. I need it. I have in the last week watched my state legislature and arrogant Governor follow the lead of other states by bashing public workers, blaming them for all the economic ills of the country without an ounce of regard for the continuous benefits given to the wealthy at the expense of those in need. I have watched hypocritical petulant Republicans walk out of a budget negotiation because they didn't get everything they wanted. I have watched the President , who I support, continue his ridiculous stance on gay marriage saying his position is still evolving. I have seen the House Republicans vote against supporting our Commander in Chief as he participates in the Libyan operation, claiming a violation of War Powers Act provisions after spending 10 years ignoring it while supporting an immoral war based on lies. I have seen an ineffective Government put the interests of the people behind the interests of their re-election campaigns. I am to say the least, disappointed, disgusted and disallusioned. I hate feeling this way, but I do. I need a rest. Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment