Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Petulant little babies

I am a teacher and every day I listen and observe the normal adolescent actions of my students. For them, this often childish behavior is normal and part of the growth process. When I come home, however, and watch my government act like petulant little high school students not getting their way, I could explode. As I write this blog, the Senate has passed the tax compromise bill. After months of stupid and unnecessary wrangling, something finally got done in terms of compromise. The House members, not ready to act like responsible adults, instead are looking to stroke their own egos, looking to make a statement before the power base changes, and trying to find face saving measures so that they can seem relevant. They risk the whole bill by their incredibly immature actions. Their suggestions about the inheritance tax and perhaps derailing the best part of the bill, the payroll tax reduction is not only stupid, it is downright immature. It is a lot to ask, but we need them to grow up and pass the bill. Enough of this torture. Our founders built in checks and balances as well as vehicles to slow government down, but they would be embarrassed by what they see today. Good thing they are dead. Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment