Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, July 3, 2010

I am Back

School ended on June 23rd and I said goodbye to my beloved students. I took some time off to regroup and think about the feedback I received about being too negative with my posts. After wonderful sunsets, delicious chowder and great times at the beach, I am back to blogging. And I have decided that the feedback, although well intentioned, will not be listened too. There is a lot of negativity to our politics in this country. This is a political blog and therefore will continue to attempt to find Americans for reason and truth. While away from posting, Russian spies were caught...what is this the cold war again? Oil continues to spill into the gulf....Republicans continue to block the President, most recently in providing extended unemployment benefits to those still out of work. Gun activists are reveling in the recent Supreme court decision to incorporate the 2nd amendment to all 50 states....Where are you my AP students? Orin Hatch, republican conservative of Utah, frightened by threats from the extreme right, announced his opposition to the President's selection to the court claiming that Elena Kagan will be an activist justice. His hypocrisy is as easy to see as the nose on his face. He has always respected Presidential authority to choose justices but now he is resorting to the tired and old cliches about judicial activism. Give me a break. Michael Steele the leader of the Republican political party is praising the Bush job creation performance in an effort to further embarrass Obama and forget the recent past. Republicans will do anything to thwart the Democrats, hope for slow growth, hope for rising unemployment, hope for health care revolts and pray for all that is bad for this country for their sole desire to re take Congress. So I ask you, what do I have to be positive about? Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

1 comment:

  1. The only positive thing I could say is that they are trying to get a giant oil skimmer to work to separate the oil and the water at a greater magnitude than any of the other skinners they've been using. If this works I then it would only be beneficial to the oil spill tragedy.

    The Republicans really do need to look at the big picture and stop worrying about Democrats being in power. Shouldn't they all be working towards the same goal: to make our country better?

    It's interesting to see that a lot of the things that you taught us in AP Gov have always been going on in real life right around us.

    ReplyDelete