Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Monday, April 2, 2012

More on the Mandate

When I am ready to retire, hopefully I will not need to rely on my social security. For the most wealthy in this nation, social security is pocket change. If I am lucky, and certainly for those that are rich, I could care less about social security. Yet, I am required to pay a payroll tax for the trust account intented to pay benefits to those eligible. I would like to stop paying FICA...but I cannot. I am obligated to pay into the trust fund for benefits for others as a collective responsibility. Payroll taxes are the law. Is the Supreme Court about to declare this mandate as unconstitutional if challenged? I think not. For those who are volunteering not to buy health insurance, you are negatively impacting those of us that do. You will be taken care of at hospitals and Medical offices if you are sick and I will still pay for it. To me, the mandates are exact...they require a payment for the collective good of our nation. Supreme Court justices are well advised to see the obvious parallel. Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment