Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Calculator

When I need to do complicated arithmetic and my head is a little slow, I use a calculator. It is an object, without a soul, without remorse, without a conscience. I do not need or want a calculator for President, and we have in Mitt Romney, a candidate who acts like a calculator, without a conscience and without a soul. Mr. Romney looks at each issue as a calculation, a number in his vote tabulating head. He doesn't answer a question with any specificity or offer any opinion other than what today's numbers say. He looks at his stance with young people and says to himself, "Am I better off supporting the President on lower college loans or supporting the extremists who I need for the nomination." He doesn't say to himself..."Is an affordable education an important American value that is right"? When he goes around with potential VP candidate Marco Rubio, in an attempt to be seen as a supporter of Latin voter issues, he says to himself "since I do not have support from Latinos and have bowed to the right on immigration issues, I can reject immigration compromises and look like I support Latinos by going around with one". He doesn't say to himself "Isn't it morally right to allow people who for no fault of their own reside in this country due to their parents' decisions, with basic education and a positive pathway to citizenship because it is right to do". Mitt Romney is nothing more than a privileged American, wanting to be President and offering no vision of his own. He offers us a calculator. I can buy one in Staples. Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment