Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Give it Back

Today as John Boehner was sworn in as new Speaker of the House, his theme was that the G.O.P. is going to give the government back to the people. So I began to wonder, when was it taken away from me? Have I lost my freedom and no one let me know? Did I lose my right to vote? Did I lose my ability to petition my government or to write to my Congressman or to join an interest group? I keep wondering what was taken away from me? Absolutely nothing. If, however the Republicans get their way, this will be what is taken from me...the ability to get health insurance with a pre existing condition....the ability to have college grads. stay on their parents' insurance until they find their own...the ability to restrain credit card companies from abusive practices...the ability to restrain companies from environmental recklessness....the ability to care for and help those in most need and the ability to practice the American principles and values of fairness, equality of opportunity and reaching the American Dream. Mr. Speaker, if this is what you want to give back, you can keep it. Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

2 comments:

  1. You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right. - Lyndon B. Johnson

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEOmz66gPPE&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how a single sample can tell a reader everything about a writer. Here's the template for the next zillion posts: We are virtuous and smart. Opposition to our virtue and intelligence is - logically, obviously - evil and stupid. Just change the first line to reflect whatever happens to be the issue of the day.

    But, keep it up. You are the yin to Sean Hannity's yang. The world is in balance.

    ReplyDelete