Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The day after

The sun came up today. The United States of America hasn't collapsed. The Founding Fathers got their wish....a check and balance against an overreaching government. Today's word is repudiation. I heard it in victory speeches yesterday at least 30 times, 8 of those times from our new Speaker Mr. Boehner. Remember, this is the word that Mrs. Palin got wrong..."refudiation" she said..oh well. By the way who lost yesterday?..the three extreme tea party buffoons she endorsed...anyhow, what did we repudiate yesterday? Did we repudiate the agenda we endorsed in huge numbers 21 months ago? If we did, no real elected official should even consider changing a course that is based on long term value and slow progress...but I don't think the President's agenda was repudiated. 63% of the people who voted yesterday said the President was not a factor in their decision and those who said he was made up a percentage that is less than those who do not support him at all...Did we repudiate big government? Maybe, but what things are we ready to give back?...entitlements?, Veterans' Benefits?, new home purchase government subsidies? I think not. So we expressed some anger, licked respective wounds and started a new day. In two years, we can be angry again as seems to be our recent trend and throw the bums out that we threw out two years ago and welcomed yesterday again. And so it goes...Politics, unfulfilled promises and pure BS. If I were the President, I wouldn't care about the next election, and in his heart I do not think President Obama does. I would stand by the principles that my countrymen elected me on, by wide margins. I would stay the course and allow the slow and steady progress to continue. I would let the results of my actions speak for themselves and I wouldn't relent or fold under the pressure of a lying bunch of do-nothings who gave us the problem and now promise us paradise. I would not give the rich a free ride. I would hold out to insure 98% of Americans receive their tax break. I would continue to expand incentives for small business and encourage job creation. By the way, this is what our President has been doing contrary to the successful Republican spin machine. Let's hold the Republicans in the House accountable for their promises and the upcoming failure to deliver....Bring it on. Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment