Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sympathy For The Devil

I was listening to old Rolling Stones and heard "Sympathy For The Devil". It reminded me of President trump and his Covid 19 infection. Now as any good human would, I am not wishing him harm or worse. I will not, however, feel an ounce of sympathy while he gets the best socialized medicine our country offers and his contribution for that care is next to nothing. trump lied about the virus, mocked the wearing of masks, touted unproven and dangerous remedies, knowingly infected people since we now know he was infected before his NJ fundraiser. He participated regularly in superspreader events and his mismanagement of the crisis has cost 210000 lives and rising. The virus still takes about 800 people a day and new cases are rising to an average of 45000 a day. He has denied the virus effects in public while boasting of his deliberate action of playing it down. He has denied science, sidelined experts and politicized public health. He is actively pursuing the repeal of the ACA and has lied about a replacement. I could go on. Do I wish him a full recovery? I guess so. But sympathy for this devil? Sorry, No. Where are you Americans for Reason and Truth. Vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment