Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Assumption Racism

Joe Biden will be picking a Veep candidate and his choice will not alter my Presidential voting decision in the least. I am however disturbed by something and that is a less discussed form of racism. I call it Assumption Racism. Many assume that people are unable to support candidates based on views but only based on race. 100 leading black leaders are saying that blacks will only be enthused about voting if Biden picks a black woman. That offends me. Blacks do not vote in lock step with that view any more than whites who voted for Obama, or whites who voted against him based on policy, not race. To assume this about a group of people implies prejudicial and yes, racist attitudes. Amongst black voters, in fact, Senator Warren's positions actually poll higher than do any of the black candidates. I'm not saying whom I support but I am saying that Assumption Racism is insulting to the black voter.
Where are you Americans for Reason and Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment