Powered By Blogger

Share

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, February 26, 2011

When to use force

I need a day off from Wisconsin. I know as a teacher I am not overpaid for what I do and yet my profession continues to be demonized as if we are responsible for all the economic ills of the nation. I need a day away from it. Instead, I want to blog about when we as a nation should use force. Americans have always been conflicted about our use of military force. We tend to shift from isolationism to activism and this usually depends on the number of body bags and the economy. What about moral beliefs? If Democracy needs to be nurtured as we say it does, then we need to stand up for it. Instead of guarding Europe and Korea, how about using these forces to fight for freedom instead of protecting us from a cold war aggression that is long gone. Bottom line, Quaddaffi is a crazy loon who murders for pleasure and who defies democracy. Bad guy, needs to go. This is where our forces should be. This is the war worth fighting. Send in the tanks and the troops and take him out. Truly, this is the American thing to do. Where are you Americans for reason and truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment